Book, Change, or Cancel an Appointment
Accessing our online schedule:
- If you have an account, please sign in here to access our online schedule.
- If you do NOT have an account, please create one here to access our online schedule. Please use your ualberta.ca e-mail address. This e-mail address will also be your Login ID. Your password must be a minimum of six characters.
- You are allowed to book a maximum of TWO appointments per week using the online schedule.
- You can book TWO appointments in a row with the same tutor (when available) to spend one full hour with your tutor.
- Drop-ins are welcome! (Note: drop-ins do not count towards your weekly maximum of two appointments.)
- You can also access our waiting list by clicking on the small clock-like icon beside the date you would like an appointment.
- You will be required to show your ONEcard to the person at the front desk when you check in so we don't give your appointment to someone else by mistake.
- Only the people whose names on their ONEcard match the names on the appointment schedule will be able to receive help from our tutors.
- If you are in a group project, the person who books the appointment AND all the people who wrote the paper must be present for the appointment.
- If you are unable to come for your scheduled appointment, please cancel it as soon as possible.
- If you are 5 minutes late for your appointment, we reserve the right to give the appointment to another waiting client.
- If you miss TWO appointments without cancelling them, you will be locked out of our online schedule.
- If you are having any problems using the online schedule, call us at 780.492.2639 during operational hours.
How does the online schedule work?
- When you log in, you will see the tutoring schedule for Monday to Friday of the current week. Tutors’ names are listed on the left hand column. If you want to find out more information about a particular tutor, just click on his/her name. Time slots are listed from left to right.
- Page ahead to future weeks using the Next Week link. You can view and book up to three weeks ahead on the schedule.
- The following colours are used on the schedule:
- WHITE: Available appointments
- RED: Booked appointments
- DARK BLUE: Tutor not available or the centre is closed
- YELLOW: Your appointments
Booking Your Appointment:
- Click on the white rectangle to book your appointment. The New Appointment window will pop up. with the tutor’s name at the top.
- Fill in the form with as much information as possible.
- Click Save Appointment and reload the main schedule to verify that you have booked the appointment correctly and at the right time (your appointment should appear in yellow).
- Appointments are 30 minutes in length. You can book two 30-minute appointments in a row to have one hour with your tutor.
Cancelling or Rescheduling Your Appointment:
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, log on to the online schedule at any time prior to the appointment start time, click your appointment, click Cancel this appointment and save your change.
- You must cancel your appointment prior to the start time. There are penalties for missing appointments. See our Policies page for more information.
The Waiting List:
- If you are unable to find an open time slot on a preferred day, you can add your name to a wait list. Click the clock symbol beside the date you would like an appointment. You will receive notification by email or text message is an opening becomes available on the schedule.
- If you are notified, log onto the schedule to book your appointment as soon as possible. Other clients on the wait list will receive notification at the same time as you will; whomever logs into the schedule first will get the appointment. To stop receiving notifications, remove yourself from the wait list.
- Appointments sometimes become available at the last minute so you can also drop in at any time during our business hours and wait until an appointment opens up.